Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

49. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 2, 2012, 12:34 Jerykk

That isn't my point, my point is how utterly idiotic it is buying a game that nobody has played (beyond some shill "journalists") based on preview material designed by the developers to showcase only the very best aspects of their product. It's fucking insane. No developer has the kind of respect or consistency of quality that warrants such dedication. The Diablo 3 fiasco is a pretty good indicator of as much.

Actually, a whole lot of people played Hitman: Absolution and Far Cry 3 at E3. They were on the show floor. I think Darksiders 2 was there as well.

As for D3, it was pretty easy to predict all the issues that its DRM scheme would cause. Lo and behold, things turned out exactly like expected.

You talk about pre-orders like they are insane but really, is it that much different from buying a game you've never played? You obviously don't trust game reviewers, so their opinions are meaningless to you. Most games don't have demos either. Word of mouth can be useful but again, the only opinion that really matters is your own. Didn't you just buy Max Payne 3, even after admitting that you'd probably be disappointed by it? If you keep up with gaming news and pay attention to the details, you can usually get a good sense for how a game will end up.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo