Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Civilization V - Gods and Kings Demo Jun 29, 2012, 08:30 Quboid

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 01:55:
Quboid wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 21:36:
It's pretty good, but it's really just more Civ V. More game play mechanics, more units, more civs - none of the things people have a problem with have been changed.
Well, a lot of people complained about city states and in the expansion they've received a considerable overhaul. They're now much less invasive and better integrate into standard play styles, without simply being money sinks. The AI has also received a lot of attention, another common area of complaint.

Still, more could have been done. Multiplayer is still woefully lacking despite promises that proper support would be added in a patch. It really depends on how much you like the core game but I consider it a strong expansion. For me it was an instant purchase and I've been really enjoying it. Those on the fence are best waiting for the inevitable sale.

I haven't found them to be that different, just fleshed out a bit with more variety. I'm running City State Diplomacy Mod to make them less of a money sink.

The AI is better in general play but it's not perfect. It can build and fight better but negotiation is still a crap shoot. Peace negotiations where an all-but extinct rival refuses to give up one little luxury resource in exchange for the survival of his empire still happen. The AI will expect several luxury and strategic resources, plus gold, to sign a research agreement with no indication as to why they aren't interested in a 50:50 split for a 50:50 deal.

- Quboid

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo