Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Civilization V - Gods and Kings Demo Jun 29, 2012, 07:34 eRe4s3r

I agree, taking cities is not done lightly at the beginning, even with catapults or trebuchets, I actually lost my usual 3 bow, 1 catapult 2 swordsman attack against a city with a crossbowman and walls, they targeted my catapults and forests prevented me from reaching into the range to fire in I lost all my bow men, crossbow men and even 2 horse archers without ever really doing more than 30% damage at the end of the turn... i failed that epicly, had to change my entire game strategy so far and that is imo a good thing, though I am no fan of the city state system. I am lately playing entirely without them. They add nothing to the game apart from clutter and the danger that everyone hates you for attacking them. I made it a point to squash every single city state that had an enemy coup happening because you know they have a spy there, and instead of wasting my spies to counter it, I just destroy any hope the AI might have to actually ally with the 1 city state that is right next to me and I take their resources to boot. ;p Allying with city states seems to be a useless endeavor, unless you really really need some resource from them and you can't capture the city quickly for whatever reason.

What I think is good though, is that the AI does not randomly declare war on you, you have to piss them off over time. And it's army positioning is well done, though it still can't handle a army build up a bit away from its borders (I often build roads, and later railways right up to their border in order to quickly connect and advance. And with can't handle I mean, it doesn't place troops in a defensive fortify position or builds roads right up to my border....

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo