Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: Civilization V - Gods and Kings Demo Jun 29, 2012, 04:04 jimnms

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 01:55:
Well, a lot of people complained about city states and in the expansion they've received a considerable overhaul. They're now much less invasive and better integrate into standard play styles, without simply being money sinks. The AI has also received a lot of attention, another common area of complaint.

Still, more could have been done. Multiplayer is still woefully lacking despite promises that proper support would be added in a patch. It really depends on how much you like the core game but I consider it a strong expansion. For me it was an instant purchase and I've been really enjoying it. Those on the fence are best waiting for the inevitable sale.

So for in the games I've played, I just ignored city states. In every game I've played so far, I haven't had a city state near me, so getting friendly and protecting one would be a major commitment. I did become friends with one through some odd quest, and they did gift me some obsolete military units a few times.

My first and current game in G&K is the same deal. I'm on a continent with 4 other civs and one city state, and the city state is on the opposite end of the continent. I have a have a scout out scouring the world. I still don't have the ability to travel in deep oceans, so I have had to stick to the coast. I did find a chain of islands with 7 city states each on it's own little 1-2 tile island, and another small continent with 3 city states and nothing else. I'm playing on a standard map, but I bumped the civs up to 10 and city states to 20. I find the default civ/city state numbers for the maps give too much room, so I always add extras to make it more interesting in the beginning fighting for land with such close borders. Although I think I should have added more civs because it's still a bit roomy.

Steam Profile

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo