Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

61. Re: More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details? Jun 28, 2012, 02:22 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 02:10:
Nah, I don't really agree. The Rachni Wars alone could easily handle an "epic" game, and there's plenty of back story available that can lead to great games. The Alliance war vs the Batarians, the Krogan Rebellions, and those are just ones we know about. They could also go waaaay back in time and deal with completely different civilizations, though I'm not sure they'd want to, as that would require them setting up basically a completely new universe.

Like I said, maybe they've changed their minds. Maybe EA realizes that a lot of people want more stories with Shepard / Shepard's crew, and they'll do that. I dunno.

But there's plenty of stuff that can go before.

Creston

Yes, but the problem with prequels is that you already know how they are going to end. Sure, you could go back and do the Rachni war, but you already know how the Rachni war turned out. Unless they are willing to do some idiotic Star Trek-style "alternate universe", you don't have the ability to make any major decisions, because the history has already been all laid out. That's the same for any of the "pre-Shepard era" stuff.

Not to mention the fact that it's extremely unlikely they'd go with a non-Human main character, which precludes even more of the available options.

On the other hand, the chances of them coming up with something on a "grander" scale than the Reapers is extremely small, so they might decide to try for something less "epic".

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo