Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details? Jun 27, 2012, 16:48 SimplyMonk

Flatline wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 15:41:
I always thought it would be funny to have the mega weapon actually function as a massive, epic version of a mass effect relay, and you get the entire goddamn galaxy of intelligent beings together in Sol system, and everyone is there fighting the Reapers, and Shepard blows the weapon, and it evacs all non-reapers to another galaxy. BAM!. Non Servium. We choose to get off this goddamn merry-go-round. Keep the damn galaxy. There's a hundred billion others to inhabit.

I would of like that a lot more, because the resulting galaxy you went to would be a culmination of the allies and resources you amassed. I could imagine The "Bad" ending would be you make the leap but don't have enough allies or resources to play "Garden of Eden" so you just die out after a few failed generations. Multiple other scenarios could play out based on what geniuses and races you brought with you. Pay some concept artists to draw up some static images for some of them, maybe do a cinematic for a few, write out some scenarios. Far better.

I look at it this way. Three possible endings that really aren't that different from one another make it a lot easier to make Mass Effect 4 or whatever else that want to do to milk the universe for cash. Horrible way to end a space opera, but good way to insure you don't make the next game that complicated for your development team/writers.

Lazy and greedy.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo