Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: TERA's $25 Horse Jun 27, 2012, 12:12 Verno

Steele Johnson wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 11:43:
Who cares if it encourages more content for sale? Again, you don't have to buy it. It doesn't alter your existing game. When a friend has a nicer car than yours and paid a certain amount of money that you wouldn't pay, should the car manufacturer stop making the nicer car?

The car analogy is flawed and doesn't even relate to my post. I'm not talking about keeping up with the Joneses, talking about the direction that the sort of quick, cheap content could push the gaming industry. It might not change the existing game but could affect future game development, I'm not sure anyone could really argue it isn't when you look at the proliferation of cash shops and one off items in games these days.

You could say it doesn't affect the quality of the product and I couldn't argue with that right now, we still get plenty of great games despite a lot of shitty DLC and virtual items. I do worry about where that path will eventually take us and find the nature of things whose sole purpose seems to be so that others can purchase it (the Kim Kardashian effect) a bit dubious. To be fair though I sold people a bunch of stuff in Diablo 3 so I am part of the problem as much as anyone else

Well, more existent than an over-priced meal which lasted half an hour and ended up being flushed down the toilet anyway

Damn dude, you have the worlds fastest digestive system

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo