Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: PlanetSide 2 E3 Presentation Jun 26, 2012, 15:44 jacobvandy

Verno wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 14:42:
Yeah I played tons of BC2 and it was a lot easier to get ammo in that game (even if Grenade Joe was just dropping it for himself). The trouble with BF3 vs previous game iterations is that the weapon lethality is so high and suppression so powerful that there is no rear firing line or anything near that strategic, if you want ammo you'll save more time by simply dying and respawning. I can see it working in theory but in practice its just a mess. I'm referring to pubbie play btw, not with RL friends or clans.

Ohh, well if you're simply talking about oblivious morons that won't drop ammo for you, I agree that that sucks. :p

I was commenting more on the gameplay design/balancing aspect, which could actually still use some work. The problem occurs more now, I think, because they made that boneheaded move to improve the global potency of suppression; what they should have done was make it less effective for all non-Support classes, so that more people would have a reason to play ammo guy. The LMGs are easily outclassed by rifles, so after the mortar nerf, all he's really good for is the risky-but-effective tactic of C4ing vehicles.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo