Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

36. Re: Far Cry 3 Delayed Jun 25, 2012, 21:27 Dev

Axis wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 20:24:
And you sound like a complete moron when you disregard XP. Newsflash genius - it's STILL the best system for gaming on. 11 processes, 140m pf usage. I'll bet your Vista/7 system has a minimum of 30 processes running on bootup, most of which you don't even know what they do, all of which you had no hand in optimizing.

Grow up butthurt boy, don't get all defensive about your lack of dissecting facts - it only makes you look more stupid.
Here's some facts. Yes you can still eek out a few percentage points more in a few areas in XP with gaming. But nowadays, CPU's are mostly overpowered for even gaming (majority of games are GPU bound, not CPU) and RAM is so cheap, 8gb is less than $40, so the extra memory and CPU used by vista/7 is of no consequence in most modern systems. Simply get a nice powerful GPU and it will make far more of a difference than XP vs vista/7.
Also, you need vista/7 to use dx 10/11. When next gen consoles finally arrive, even if they are obsolete at start, they will finally push a larger drive into dx 10/11, whereas right now, there are STILL recent ports that use dx 9 only.

While I'm at it, I'll knock a couple other "myths" out, or at least explain why they are meaningless.

Like using a 1366 pin i7 system for the triple memory channels vs double memory channel. At BEST it added like 2 percentage points to overall performance, something which is unnoticeable and (and in that case added a large amount of cost to the overall system, cost which would have been better spent getting a faster video card.)

Or using green hard drives. Modern green harddrives vastly outpace things like older generation velociraptors, simply because of vastly increased platter density. Lots of people like to go ZOMG GREEN DRIVES SUX0R when really, modern latest gen ones are quite fast, and not terribly far off of non-green drives.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo