Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 25, 2012, 13:34 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 17:30:
Honestly, I started a second playthrough as a rambo type style, but it wasn't as fun as the stealth route, and I stopped played. Using the burger menu to summon a chain gun and wiping out everything kinda kills the challenge of it.

It can be played either way, but I found the stealth method a lot more rewarding.

Killing everything is too easy in the game, and makes it dull after a little while. I actually made my "kill everything" playthrough a literal one, so I killed EVERYTHING in the game. Detroit and Hengsha were nothing but mass-graveyards, and it's actually quite challenging to try to kill everything without getting swamped by the cops on Deus Ex difficulty.

The most fun playthrough, for me, was the pure ghost one, however. In it, you can't take out ANYONE (except where the game necessitates it.)

Do you need to get past that door and that guard is in the way? Find away to distract him from the door without taking him out. It's amazing how convoluted ideas can get when you're just trying to get past one guy.

I like the pure Ghost walkthrough the best of all, even better than the "Stealth with knock-outs" one, especially since you get a ton less XP, and thus have to be more diligent about which upgrades to buy.

spoiler : The Pure Ghost walkthrough does mean that Malik dies, since you have no way to save her.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo