Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

36. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 25, 2012, 11:15 Crustacean Soup

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 07:54:
I still think that civs are overly aggressive and not very strategic. In my game last night I was attacked early on from the sea by a character that although obviously had a larger army was not in a position to use it against me. I destroyed his invading army with minimal effort but he refused to negotiate peace and had all the city states allied to him. I then had to annex them all and he still didn't give up. So I sent in a naval fleet and captured one of his coastal cities, fended off the assault and he offered me everything in peace... for about 15 turns, before breaking his word and launching another attack. I razed his city, withdrew, turtled on science and then nuked him into oblivion. The point is that AI was basing all its decisions on who had the highest rated army rather than on any strategy or on probable outcomes.

See, I said that bit about Sulieman because he didn't have the larger army. Nowhere close (and his war declaration message reflected that, which was a neat touch). He did have the largest on that continent and sued for peace after he took that city I planted on his turf. Maybe I'm just having good luck this game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo