Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

101. Re: Curt Schilling on 38 Studios' Demise Jun 24, 2012, 18:47 Wowbagger_TIP

jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 17:53:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 19:15:
I can't think of much of anything that Romney would do that would be any better than Obama. I can think of plenty of things that he'd do that would be worse, given what we heard from him during the primaries. I'm no fan of either, but given the choice, I'd rather vote for Obama. He's just the lesser evil in this case.

THIS EXACTLY.

Obama is an intelligent, pragmatic moderate centrist. There are some liberal things he does like Lilly Ledbetter. There are some compassionate things he does like deprioritizing illegal immigrant children deportations (children who are Americans in all but name and not here due to any fault of their own). There some centrist things he does like supporting gay marriage (after more than 50% of the population came out in support). There are some conservative things he does like implementing a Republican healthcare law (all private, no public option, no single payer). And there are some very neocon things he does: order the execution (not capture) of OBL. Increasing the defense budget. Expanding the war in Afghanistan. Expanding illegal monitoring of his own citizens even more than Bush. Supporting an attack on Libya in an illegal war. Killing American citizens without due process. Ordering the creation of viruses to destroy Iran's infrastructure, something if done to use would be an act of war.

Romney's administration would be a disaster. His budget would drastically increase spending while slashing revenues adding trillions to the debt, which is typical during Republican administrations, despite their claim of being fiscally conservative. Romney has said he would bypass congress to start war with Iran, showing he gained no lessons from our debacle in Iraq.

Yes, it just shows that that is how deep the ridiculous "sports team" mindset goes. People will engage in all sorts of mental gymnastics to condemn the "other guy" for things that they would applaud if they were done by someone on their team. It's just so utterly stupid, but that seems to be how the majority of the country sees things.

I assume that's why people like RT here will make all sorts of claims, but not back them up with actual substance. They usually form the opinion first (often cribbed from pundits), and then their confirmation bias takes over to rationalize it. This is why he had no evidence to point to. Even he isn't sure why he believes what he does, as he just has anecdotes and hearsay to support it.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo