Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 24, 2012, 12:08 shinchan0s

Kobalt wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 07:08:
shinchan0s wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 06:12:
I liked the original the best (even with the bad translation). EP and IS were okay too. You know, before the series went mainstream and gone full anime. Don't mind me I'm just jaded as hell. It's probably the childhood nostalgia.

You describing any of the persona series full on anime(you cant be talking about the visuals right? I mean even the orginals had anime visuals) confuses me. I mean, One of the things I constantly hear and agree with about the last 2 is they were not like a anime whatsoever. They had damn good writing and if wouldn't be weird at all of the next persona got rid of the anime visuals.

Ok, now I'm confused. The first two had a different lead art designer from the rest of the series. Forgot his name, but he does all the other Megami Tensei games. His art style is kind of hard to describe, but "Japanese gothic pop with Tim Burton thrown in" might come close. They're not anime inspired at all apart from the setting (they're students). How are the later games not like anime? They added a robot girl for example. It's totally valid to say that the later games are more anime-like visually.

I'm not going to argue "what's anime?" because I stopped watching that crap after college, but it's kind of hard for any of the games to veer away from anime conventions when they take place in a Japanese High school. Saying the later games went full anime was kind of throwaway line sorry. The newer games are more mainstream though (which is why they're crushing successes). I just thought the earlier games were darker and had more unique gameplay. The earlier games seemed "more adult" (EP's characters were adults) and the combat system was more tactical. They stream-lined the later games, added waaaay more cutscenes and added stuff like dating.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo