Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 24, 2012, 05:54 Jerykk

This isn't to say it won't be fun, but it's grounded purely in adolescent fantasy. (this one actually reminds me a little bit of the feel of combat Shogo had in multiplayer, fast-action Mecha, deadly weapons...what's not to like?)

I'm pretty sure the concept of piloting giant robots falls under the realm of adolescent fantasy. Doesn't matter if it's Mechwarrior, Hawken, Armored Core, Front Mission, Evangelion, etc. Always cracks me up when people look down on eastern-style mecha fiction, as if western mecha fiction is even remotely realistic or mature. Giant, bipedal war machines are inherently silly. No weapons developer would ever design one because they're completely impractical. Take out a leg and the weapon is rendered useless. Factor in the amount of energy required just to move the legs and keep the thing balanced and you have vehicle that would be even more of a fuel hog than a tank. And if the mech loses its balance and falls down, good luck getting it back up.

I'm not saying that mech games are bad or anything. I love mechs. However, that doesn't change the fact that the concept is ludicrous.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo