Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Jun 23, 2012, 13:21 yonder

Flatline wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 11:04:
Dades wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 10:46:
NKD wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 06:08:
I don't expect them to retcon their entire story out. They are "artists" after all, and part of that is expressing yourself. I'd be disappointed if they were so jaded that their own creative juices meant nothing. Even though I didn't really dig the ending, I respect that they had their own reasoning for doing it that way

There was a reddit post by one of the writers that later got deleted (presumably so he could keep his job) where he said that the producer and one other guy basically came up with the ending on their own and told the team to implement it without any input or feedback. They had to go back and retroactively insert starkid into the beginning so that any part of it could make sense. Yes its a creation by Bioware and it has some artistic value but if look at the quality of the series then I suspect some idiot dreamed this up and overruled the others.

I suspect at this point that's true because most of the writing for ME3 is f*cking superb. There's a few crap moments but otherwise it's actually the strongest game to date right up until the end, which takes a left turn towards "BWHA????"

the article

I'm dying to know if this happened before or after Hudson's BS lies about the ending. My money is on after. Based on decades of watching EA (I'm old enough to remember when they were one of the most respectable publishers out there... I also remember when Activision was), my guess is that Hudson told those lies back in January, saw that the ending wasn't done, told EA "hey, we need more time", EA said "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!", Hudson said "oh crap!", went to the developers and said "okay, do this, we don't have a choice", and gave us what we have now.

The game really only required about 3 or 4 months to be actually finished. And let's face it, it wasn't a stable release. I'm not the only one who had choppy-ass cutscenes, invisible people during dialogues, and 30-second door-openings on the Normandy. This was a rush job, without and ounce of a doubt.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo