Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: Curt Schilling on 38 Studios' Demise Jun 22, 2012, 13:08 Wowbagger_TIP

fujiJuice wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 12:22:
Not a hypocrite at all...

We were founded here, in Massachusetts, and itís where we would love to stay, and grow. But (and thereís always a but) our first responsibility and priority will always be the long term health of the company and the companies families. To not explore and pursue these conversations with other cities would be the height of negligence on our part, and thatís just not going to happen.

These people trust us to do right, and as leadership we will.

So no, we arenít out shopping ourselves, we are doing what any business would in its early stages which is planning for the health and well being of its employees, and the long term health of the company. Given that we currently employ almost 160 people and that number is conservatively projected to grow by 2-3 times in the next 24 months, in this economy, weíve become a desirable asset for any city trying to create jobs.

So contrary to written reports Iíve never said or will say ďgive us tax credits or we boltĒ. I donít work that way, and we wonít as a company work that way. The company is financially healthy, the publishing deal we recently inked with EAP means our first product (Mercury) will get to market when itís ready, on time and on budget, and Copernicus is growing daily in ways that seemed a pipe dream just 3 short years ago.

Not sure how any of that means he's not a hypocrite...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo