Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

94. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 11:24 briktal

Verno wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 11:11:
Yeah I feel like the whole fraud defense isn't really much of one. Steam, Origin and other services have to deal with this sort of criminal activity on a daily basis. Blizzard themselves had to deal with it in WoW pretty much from the start.

They deal with it in WoW by doing the exact same thing, except it removes the level restriction. Other services can get away with it more because those issues aren't as common or as big of a deal. There's no flood of fraudulent HL2 or ME3 purchases from botters who will use the account for a day or two then make another. Maybe you'd get some people doing that to hack in an online FPS/RTS or something. But even then, that's just one game that gets a little hurt, but everything else is fine. For Blizzard, Diablo 3 is one of their three current games.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo