Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Quantum Conundrum Jun 21, 2012, 17:40 jacobvandy

netnerd85 wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 15:27:
I had a quick go, seems good to me.

Why does every puzzle game have to be Portal now? that game wasn't that good IMO. I really hate lame robot characters.

Portal = Portals
QUBE = block manipulation
Quantum Conundrum = dimension manipulation

Get over Portal already!

From RPS:

I shall more fully discuss the success or lack thereof of this aspect of Quantum Conundrum shortly. What surprised me in terms of the game’s Portalosity is just how closely it apes the structure and tone as well as the concept. The unseen, quipping narrator who’s built an indoor maze of traps and puzzles (this time within an architecturally-implausible mansion), the way each challenge room is bookended by a short monologue from this character, the anthropomorphic machines, the only regular sighting of other people coming in the form of paintings, the narrator and silent protagonist’s somewhat ambivalent relationship, the way the player can conveniently survive huge drops unscathed (no leg braces here, though), the use of a hand-mounted doo-hickey for spatial manipulation… Perhaps some similarities were unavoidable, perhaps some were unconscious and perhaps some are purely because I’m seeing the game through the prism of my familiarity with and fondness for the Portals. It’s just, well… If you’re going to so overtly take after a game that’s been so widely hailed as a modern classic, you’d best do it damned well.

If you didn't like Portal, then maybe QC -- with its lessened emphasis on using your brain in favor of straightforward platforming despite its name -- is more your speed. No biggie, I'll just be putting it on the list of things to maybe pick up on deep discount later on.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo