Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 20, 2012, 09:23 RollinThundr

Jack9 wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 06:09:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 00:33:
I don't know what the fuck a C-Bill is but I'm sure it helps you kill shit better.

C-bills are a currency. This means will clearly translate to a silver coin boost in HoN. Lemme tell you, at 3k coins per "custom avatar", no basic 2% or 10% boost will mean anything. Any % boost can be trivialized by large enough scale or "optional currency". So you're inexperienced, trolling, or legitimately stupid. These strung together concepts are not guesses, they are the landscape of modern gaming.

Um might want to quote the right person there. I know what a Cbill is thx.

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 07:24:
Surely unlocking mechs would give you an advantage, along with the exclusive mechs? And if XP allows you to unlock additional weapons then those that pay would again be getting an advantage. If the perks were entirely cosmetic that would be an entirely different affair, though they would have already stated that (just like Valve did when announcing that Dota2 was F2P). We've seen the same shit enough times to know exactly how it's going to play out. At the end of the day I'm really not a fan of games that feature XP and unlocks, outside of RPGs like Diablo III - I found it annoying in BF2, in COD, etc. It's bizarre that you'd give advantages to those that are better or play more often, as that only increases the difficulty for newcomers - it's completely contrary.

Valve is the only company to have done F2P play in a decent way. If MWO was a pay-for game then I might have been interested, but I'm not a fan of this kiddy ADHD unlocks/XP nonsense.

The game isn't in any way shape of form P2W. Making the grind easier to purchase new mechs with a little extra XP or Cbills per match isn't going to make your lasers pew pew any better or make you a skilled assault mech pilot, buying a big shiny mech quicker than someone who doesn't chip cash in doesn't mean he isn't going to out manuver you in a light and kick the shit out of you.

You should prolly have some sort of clue before talking some bullshit.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo