Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

43. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 17, 2012, 15:29 Wowbagger_TIP

I may have to buy a new TV soon, and I'm already dreading the research for it. I have a 61" Samsung DLP TV in living room. Over 5 years old now. It just randomly turns itself off all the time. Doesn't seem to be a heat thing, because I can turn it back on and it will sometimes run for hours after that. Sometimes it won't though. It seems pretty random.

Already had to have the entire light engine replaced in it (thankfully it was still inside the extended warranty period for that). Not sure if it's worth it to try to have it fixed. Have to pay for someone to come out. They may not even find the problem.

Now it seems like various types of LCD and a few Plasma models are the only contenders out there in that size. Maybe I should just keep waiting.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo