Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

63. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: Jun 15, 2012, 15:58 Flatline

Tumbler wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 00:15:
I think TOR could do well with a Free to play option. The pvp combat was pretty fun, I enjoyed playing huttball. The SP content...well it's just not that good. The flashpoints might be fun, I wouldn't know, I never got to play them because it was always too hard to find a group. If they simply offered a queue system like the pvp side has I think that could be something to at least check out.

The writing for SP was *highly* uneven. I found the Smuggler's story to be... juvenile for example.

Republic soldier was boring, and I never played a jedi so I couldn't tell you what was up with those storylines. Sith... I barely got into that storyline, I think I was a sith interrogator and it was starting to get a little interesting, but I quit around level 15.

On the other hand, shy of one or two moments early on, the Imperial Agent storyline was almost non-stop awesome straight through to the end. I actually *enjoyed* playing through that storyline. It was generally well written, with some great twists and side plots, and was a high point for me. Sadly, it was my first character, so all the other story lines felt like the volume was turned down.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo