Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

62. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 15, 2012, 13:33 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 12:19:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 10:26:
Some of the complaints of the game I get - but most of them are funny....as though people never played D2, and forget that they had to play THOUSANDS of hours to get the gear they want - and are now crying at 100 hours of D3....

The console games have made you think that you don't need to play a game more than 1x through....

Eh I can't agree with that, seems like just selectively reading what you want to from peoples comments. It's not just about how long it takes to obtain it, its about how its obtained and the quality of the loot itself.

Also no you didn't have to play thousands of hours with D2 to get loot you can use, that's a fallacy. There is a ton of amazing low level loot in Diablo 2, in fact quite a few builds are arranged around low level items. Diablo 2 was great because you're always getting cool stuff, it didn't entirely revolve around an end game like an MMO or something. There were a shitload of low level sets, uniques and other things like gambling and so on, that's without going into the games quests which had better rewards like skill points and so on. In fact quite a number of people NEVER hit the level cap in Diablo 2 but still had a great time playing because it was a good game at all level ranges.

As someone else said, for every addition to this game they removed some important nuance from Diablo 2 and nowhere is that more apparent than loot collection. It's not like its an unfixable disaster or something, it's a good but flawed game much like D2 was at release. Maybe they will flesh it out and fix things up but I think peoples complaints are pretty justified.

I agree that I am surprised I haven't seen more Legendary and set items, I know they are intentionally keeping things close to the cuff for money reasons, why wouldn't they, but I would like to see more cooler stuff drop. 100 hours and only 2 legendary. I have buddies who have more hours than that and have zero legendary.

Most importantly, and you hit the nail on the head right here:
it's a good but flawed game much like D2 was at release
D2 took a long time to get where it is NOW.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo