Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

53. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play" Jun 15, 2012, 09:40 OldTimber

The game setting is okay but the engine is a bloated horrible piece of crap that was made to compete when WoW launched.
On a quad core with 16 gigs this is the game: AA in the game looks horrible. It's choppy on some planets where I'm the only one around. Some quest events bring the system to a slideshow as it is so horribly done. Every 3rd npc is a fat bloated rush limbaugh wannabee so it's no wonder the Old Republic fell, couldn't move to do anything.
It's great playing overnight when I'm the only one on a planet or fleet at times. But hey they're folding probably 75% of the servers into the remaining 25% to get the populations up.

I really wish Turbine got a SW license as I'd like to see what they could do with it as they have a good track record with running/developing MMO's.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo