Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

35. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 14, 2012, 17:15 nin

GayBlade wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 17:03:
Just a follow-up to my correspondence with Blair, from Ironclad. I e-mailed him as he suggested, and true to his word, he contacted Stardock on my behalf. Very nice of him to do that.

Anyway, Stardock says they don't want my money because I returned "every game" I ever bought from them!! LOL. I made many purchases on Impulse over the years and only ever returned two games: Demigod and Elemental. Need I say more?

In any event, I used, not misused, their own return policies and they banned me from making any future purchases!!! Doh! There must be some fine print someplace I missed where if you ask them to honor their own policy they will refuse to take any future money from you

On well, as nin said, I suppose they are giving me permission to seek other, less savory methods of acquiring the game.

That's really unfortunate. While I'm sure there's a small group that abuse the system (and I'm not saying you're one of them) I just don't understand the logic of "we'll never let you buy a product from us again". What do they think is going to happen next? I would assume a person in that position would either pirate the game, or play a competitors game instead. Either way, the customer tried to make a legitimate purchase, and the company seemingly turned them away.

Kudos to Blair for stepping up and trying to right it, even if didn't work out according to plan.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo