Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 14, 2012, 14:50 DG

Only got halfway through Nightmare due to work pressures but if there's one thing annoying me it's the variability in difficulty.

Generally it's very easy, but with the very occasional near impossibility. I mean, 90% of the time progressing is boring and I don't go below 75% HP, even tanking bosses. Then there's the elites.

No, it's not the elites per se. It's how they can go from being a fun battle that requires a bit of care to instant death with no opportunity to manage the situation (or should I say "play").

I mean, I'm fighting something and it's got an observable behaviour and pattern, they out of nowhere a switch is flipped and every single one of them in unison turns on the fire chains, poison pool/fire pit (or whatever they are) and those spinning laser things. All at once.

I've got into the habit of maintaining high health, never getting trapped in the middle of them (not so easy as a Barb), looking for the first sign of the shit-storm and running away. But, quite often the other thing they throw in at the same time is something that prevents you getting away like that fire-jail type thing or the freeze bomb things.

Given full HP is being wiped out in 1-2 seconds in the shit storm, is there anything at all I can do about this? I read about upping resistance, but (for the gear available at this level) even a slight increase requires a hell of a lot of sacrifice. I mean, +100 points of intelligence results in +10 resistance points which in turn adds about 3 percentage points to damage reduction. To get +100 int, I'd need to give up a similarly levelled strength or damage attribute, which would result in ~10% dps.

In other words, sacrifice ~10% dps (plus some armour maybe) in order to resist 3% of damage received?

Am I missing something? Like why does +100 int = +10 resistance = 3% damage reduction? With everything else there's a multiplier effect, not a divisor. Something missed in my build?

Only thing I can think of is using that spear power to pull each out of the pack and take them one by one? Might give that a go though means sacrificing a good power.

Oh yeah and my favourite from the other day, managed to trip two elite packs, one appeared in the upper right corner of the screen while another in the upper left. 6 bastards chasing me, carpet bombing ordinance all over my tracks.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2012, 14:56.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo