Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: TERA Free Trial Jun 14, 2012, 13:05 Calistoga

I agree its mostly "kill x of enemy Y" but isnt that really what most mmorpgs are for to achieve level progression? Its almost like saying that i dont like FPS because I am always shooting things. It goes with the territory. If its this rehashed formula you dont like, then Tera will not appeal.

I just believe as far as the kill x formula goes, Tera on a technical level does it better than any game before it. The artists did a fantastic job rendering this fantasy world using the Unreal 3 engine. The game has a very solid and organic feel to it.

I am in the GW2 beta and honestly could not play it for more than 30 mins this past weekend after playing Tera for 2 last months. GW2 does feel like an antiquated grind. Tera at last puts a fresh face, graphics and melee, on this formula where it does not feel so grindy.

I am a jaded old gamer and am very impressed with what Tera has put together.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo