Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

30. Re: TERA Free Trial Jun 14, 2012, 12:09 PHJF

Settle down guys. After I sent my post, I thought I should have mentioned I created an account yesterday JUST to help this person with their decision because I believe Tera is a great game.

Yeaahhhh but it isn't. Melee combat being uniquely active (though still a far, far cry from something like Devil May Cry or even Kingdom of Amalur) doesn't excuse the fact the game is a hopeless fucking slog otherwise. Every level is spent doing literally nothing but "kill x of enemy y". EVERY level. Zones are completely linear, and there is only one path of progression through the entire game. There are instanced dungeons for a very few level ranges, but it's faster to level up outside of them by doing the afformentioned endless slog of kill quests. BAMs offer a distraction. Loot is pointless because quest rewards are always better than everything you can find at current level. The crafting is not only worthless but is as grindy as crafting can manage to be in an MMO, and that's saying something.

Seriously, I'm so fucking tired of playing all these identical MMORPGs, games whose worlds are populated by faceless NPCs sending me off on endless pointless, boring errands to kill pointless enemies sitting around pointlessly in nice little groups in a tiny little cordoned-off zone populated by other players pointlessly doing exactly what I'm doing and then doing the whole fucking thing over again until I reach some pointlessly arbitrary level cap so the "real" game can begin wherein I can go do some pointless dungeon over and over and over again while min/maxing my equipment.

It's fucking disgusting that people equate this formula with entertainment, and fucking disgusting that nobody is capable or willing to develop something better. Everybody can extol the virtues of Guild Wars 2 all they want, but I know better than to hold my breath.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo