Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Slant Six Layoffs Jun 13, 2012, 00:54 Jerykk

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 00:28:
That's kind of crazy considering Raccoon City actually sold really well as I understand it.

It's not that crazy. Developers don't see a dime until the publisher has recouped development and marketing costs. In fact, most developers don't see a dime even after that. Royalties are a rare thing unless you work at a highly-established studio that has leverage.

In all likelihood, Slant Six doesn't have any other big projects lined up right now, hence the layoffs. That, or the project(s) are too early to need full staffing.

By "Racoon City" do you guys mean this game? http://store.steampowered.com/app/209100/

It hasn't released for PC yet, but it wouldn't be the first time the PC version lagged behind the console version by many months. I acually thought that looked pretty cool. I generally gobble up anything Resident Evil-related that makes it to PC since I've been a fan of the series since the first came out on PS1.

Err, Raccoon City has been out on PC for weeks. From what I've read, it's a pretty half-assed port of a game that was already half-assed to begin with.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo