Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

119. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 12, 2012, 12:33 Verno

and are going to add lots of interesting affixes to make items more fun.

Hmm, where did they post this? All I've seen so far is that they are going to revisit legendaries. I hope that turns out to be true, the loot really needs something other than stats and low percentage to blind type crap.

I mean they have already stated that they are adjusting the inferno difficulty curve, are going to look at some of the nastier monster combinations,

Fair enough. I mean, I agree with you that they will eventually iron out these problems but I'm just not as optimistic about the timeline nor the proposed solutions I've seen so far. Just an example of what I said earlier about not fixing things necessarily how people want them, look at their comments on how they are fixing minions. "The leader of the invulnerable minion pack will have reduced HP". That's a bandaid to the larger symptom - it is simply not fun to be hit and unable to return the favor due to an invulnerability. Some mob combos are so fast that if you can't snare them then you can't beat them. It is not a fun gameplay mechanic, it doesn't really promote any strategy other than kiting your ass off.

So they will make some changes but I don't just assume the changes will be wonderful and fix everything up. Sure it's in their best interest to do so but that doesn't mean they will take the path of least resistance getting there It might take a whole expansion to add the kind of content changes I think are necessary for longterm longevity but I don't know what their content patch plans are. Anyways, good discussion, cheers

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2012, 12:46.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo