Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

50. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 09:48 NewMaxx

Sepharo wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 00:34:
Going with the RMAH isn't something Blizzard is doing to cut down on cheating (it actually makes it more attractive) it just wanted a piece of that pie. I also don't see why third party markets won't pop up anyway, especially with Blizzard taking 30% or whatever that is.

You touch of the economics of it. I think the RMAH is a solid way for them to manage server and maintenance fees over time. It's likely that, proportionately, the two will work out pretty well with regard to player volume at any given time. Competition is at a disadvantage when it comes to convenience, with a possible but small advantage with cost, so the real middle ground will be illicitly-gained goods and markets. In this way, Blizzard can equate cheating directly to lost revenue, further supporting their always-on mantra while also selling security. I'd say I was being cynical except, keeping in mind I don't play and never will, when I heard about their weak password system and intrusion denials I facepalmed. So, no the RMAH isn't to cut down on cheating, but it does give them further impetus to monetize the art of doing so.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo