Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes and More Jun 10, 2012, 18:17 Dades

Dev wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 16:53:
If you really think that many gold farmers won't use methods with the least cost and trouble, regardless of the selling price of gold, "then I don't know what else to say, you're hopeless."

Maybe if you tried not being so invested in a position and actually thought about it. Did you stop to think that bots can pickup items as well as gold? Not all items are easily liquidated into gold and the auction house item cap further adds to that problem. Item sales were a big factor in Diablo II, I played years of it. In fact when the value of gold becomes so commoditized that it can't be trusted due to botting then players only perceive value in the items themselves. Yes, botters will make money off gold as they have been doing already but they will also make money using the RMAH. There are countless Diablo II item sales sites that facilitated this already, the precedent and history are well established. Obviously the companies would prefer it if people used their sites directly but that doesn't mean they won't use Blizzards infrastructure to supplement their own too. It doesn't have to be companies either, many independent botters will do this to make money and in such scale that the effect will be similar.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2012, 18:26.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo