Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

34. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes and More Jun 10, 2012, 12:25 PropheT

wonkawonka wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 04:25:
I had no problem obliterating normal with my DH without ever using the auction house. It's only by act II Nightmare that it became impossible to ignore. Essentially Blizzard is saying "you can win the game normally without the AH". And that is really just stupid. Having the AH makes everyone end up with the same builds because the only thing that matters is gold. Then Blizz will go and say "hey, we got a great idea! Let's nerf the drops so that the AH doesn't have 50 of the critical '+x to all resistances, +y% attack speed' item, and that people will have to do something else".
You know where that will end up...

I think Blizz is chewing much more than it can digest

The issue to me isn't whether you can win or not, but that entire categories of gear practically don't exist because of the AH. I've finished normal with three different characters, and put what I'd consider a fair amount of time into the game (got distracted by Dragon's Dogma so haven't cleared Nightmare yet). I've seen two legendary drops, both level 10 items, and never seen a set item. They were rare in Diablo 2, but you at least SAW these things. The thrill of discovery is gone because there's no real expectation of finding anything like that throughout the normal course of play; with a drop rate as low as those items have, there's no pathway to obtaining them outside of the AH.

To me, buying things on the AH defeats the entire purpose of playing a game like Diablo, so forcing the issue just makes me want to spend my time elsewhere rather than altering how I play to fit what they did in the game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo