Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: DayZ Interview Jun 10, 2012, 05:58 J

Bhruic wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 02:13:
Yeah. We've started to see a few "civilization" projects pop up, where large groups of survivors are planning to take over an area, and make it a "safe zone" for other survivors. We've seen some people volunteer to play a doctor role, and volunteer to help people who need medical aid (with precautions, of course). So there are options other than "shoot everyone you see", but you have to make the effort to enact them. The game isn't going to hand them to you. It truly is open-ended in that sense.

This.

Sure, I've been shot in the back a few times - that's part of the experience. I can cave in and become a bandit or quit and complain. I choose not to.

There are decent folks out there, there are those who just want to mind their own, and there are those who will happily cram a bullet into your eye socket without a second's thought.

I consider this a test of humanity. How do people behave when the odds are stacked against them and there's little in the way of rewards and hand-holding?

The easy way out is to make excuses. Oh, he looked at me funny! You're playing like COD OMG grow up! This isn't fair! etc. etc.

The bottom line is you have to survive. They have to survive. It's how we go about it which is the important thing, and it is down to each and every one of us to make that choice and to invest the effort into maintaining it.

I like it. If you don't like it then stop clogging up the servers.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo