Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

30. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes and More Jun 10, 2012, 04:25 wonkawonka

FloorPie wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 23:55:
Dev wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 23:33:
PropheT wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 23:06:
They need to make the drops actually be drops and not have entire categories of gear be based on the auction house. For lack of a better way to put it, fuck the economy. The auction house should augment the game, not replace the loot tables like it did.
Blizzard CLAIMS that the game was built to play entirely without needing to use the AH if so desired.

Hah, yeah if you wish to slowly grind through normal getting a headache and it taking twice as long. Nightmare+ will be even worse. Even well geared my DH had trouble with Izual and Diablo solo, several deaths seemingly due to server lag.

I had no problem obliterating normal with my DH without ever using the auction house. It's only by act II Nightmare that it became impossible to ignore. Essentially Blizzard is saying "you can win the game normally without the AH". And that is really just stupid. Having the AH makes everyone end up with the same builds because the only thing that matters is gold. Then Blizz will go and say "hey, we got a great idea! Let's nerf the drops so that the AH doesn't have 50 of the critical '+x to all resistances, +y% attack speed' item, and that people will have to do something else".
You know where that will end up...

I think Blizz is chewing much more than it can digest

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo