Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

23. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes and More Jun 9, 2012, 23:06 PropheT

Dev wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 21:36:
Instead of focusing on these little problem spots that crop up (symptoms), they need to be focusing on how to shut down farmers and spammers, and preventing bots (the underlying problems that are creating the symptoms), and making it harder to steal accounts.

They need to make the drops actually be drops and not have entire categories of gear be based on the auction house. For lack of a better way to put it, fuck the economy. The auction house should augment the game, not replace the loot tables like it did.

I enjoy the game, but the fact that in order to progress or in order to have a chance at having somewhat unique gear requires use of the auction house kills it for me. I got a real sense of, "The stuff isn't going to drop, so why play in search of it?" followed by a rapidly diminished desire to continue playing the game. Having the loot doesn't mean dick in a game like this so just buying it on the AH, to me, is like putting down a fiver and the guy just takes the carrot off the stick and hands it to you.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo