Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

62. Re: Dark Souls PC Port Issues Jun 9, 2012, 20:09 JediPunisher

Jerykk wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 07:38:
Not really seeing your point. You claimed that next-gen consoles might be as powerful as high-end PC's.
Maybe you’ve mistaken me for a console fanboy… I am not.
I never said next-gen consoles would be equal in power to a high-end PC… they won’t be.
I simply said that it’s best to leave dumbed down console games for the consoles.

As for Rage, I wouldn’t have believed it either, but it plays better on my 360 than my $3K PC. Sure, my PC runs it at higher-res w/AA, but on my 360 I get a consistent, silky smooth 60fps.
Another is Fallout New Vegas… After preordering the PC collector’s edition and finding it to be a bug ridden mess, I bought a second copy for my 360 so I could play it. Unlike Rage, the PC version of NV looks 10 times better, but played better on the 360 due to fewer bugs.

Yes, I agree, most console games are better on the PC… but they are still dumbed down console ports!
I want a thriving PC market with original games that really push the limits, both in terms of graphics and gameplay… But it's not going to happen while every major developer is focused on the upcoming next-gen consoles.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2012, 20:16.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo