Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Jun 7, 2012, 07:54 jdwohlever

Really, another zombie game?

I've been gaming for 30+ years and developers all do the same crap...
Bleat like f'ing sheep!

First it was C&C RTS clones in the early 90's, WWII games in the mid to late 90's. 50 billion of them to the point people got sick of them.
Then in mid 2000's it was MODERN warfare games, now every since Left for Dead made some money it's been Zombie games.
/sarcasm Oooh yes.. Slow, half-retarded limping enemies that a hamster could outrun... scary! /sarcasm
So many developers listening to the suits instead of being imaginative
and producing quality titles that don't follow the "me too" crowd.
If a publisher is too afraid to sell the game you want to make, find a different publishing company.
Almost 3 out of 5 newer games lately are zombie based. And yes, I'm talking about the Indie crowd too.
If the "me too" games followed the same theme but where truly unique, then I wouldn't have a problem,
but for every good title, I can point to 5 to 10 others that follow the same exact formula except for different graphics and a different name.
A game doesn't have to follow the same freaking concept to be good.
I can name on one hand the actually good zombie games that aren't a rehash of a rehash.
DayZ mod, Left for Dead series, The Walking Dead and one or two others.
Don't believe me? Check out the Indie game section on Xbox Live.
It's almost comical.
God, I miss the day when developers cared more about making the game they WANT to make instead of making the game they NEED to make.

Xbox Live Ambassador (RET)
Founder of PERS0NA, a non-profit scientific paranormal investigation society
"American by Birth, Gamer by the Grace of God"

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo