Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta This Weekend Jun 7, 2012, 02:59 OpticNerve

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 18:38:
OpticNerve wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 15:24:

I forgot where I've read this but apparently low level areas have less drastic dynamic events to ease players to the whole Events system but once you get to mid/high leveled zones, more dynamic "cause and effect" progress shows up such as enemy mobs being able to attack locations,

I hear yah, but what type of smarts does it take to run a dynamic event? What are we reducing our selves to? You see and react and you have a boat load of players around you at the beginning even if you are a putz with a mouse. Then the further you get in, the less people will be around thus not kicking in dynamic events perhaps, so if they are better later, will they run well?

I found playing the DE's were more apparent earlier on.

Also the part about "it gets better later", there are only so many times I can buy into that. Almost all MMO's have the "I'm bored person". Response "How far have you made it?". "Level Blah blah", "Oh it gets better at blah, you just needed to play a bit more". Rarely has a game started average and then wow'd me later.

None of this pointed at you, just attacking some stereotypes.

I think that has more to do with the fact that it becomes very zergy at the low levels due to the sheer amount of new players during a beta weekend and it will probably happen again once the game goes retail at first. I do know that some of the beginning area events have different outcomes and variations but that would require the players actually failing to beat an event and the sheer zerginess of the low level zones prevents that from happening very often. The horde of low level players makes it tough for the enemy AI to win at low levels so it gets reset and repeated often.

I've found that this isn't always the case once you hit the mid-level zones and when you have a higher chance to "lose" an event, different outcomes and variations show up more often. At least that was my experience with my group of friends during the first BWE/Stress Test.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo