Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: PC Future Soldier This Month Jun 6, 2012, 15:26 DangerDog

Techie714 wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 14:42:
Looks like a carebear shooter to me.....Bring on ARMA 3!

Arma 3 is delayed due to switching out from PhysX 2x to 3x, sucks but the game will be better off for it.

I am not sure this was already discussed in the open somewhere but there is one massive change being done under the hood of Arma 3: migration from PhysX 2.x to PhysX 3..X . This may sound trivial but in reality it is basically switching to completely new physical simulation system with all consequences (a lot of work lost, delay of the entire development schedule). But we decided to make this transition, otherwise Arma 3 would be locked to PhysX 2.x for long time. It was basically now or never for the game...

The transition phase is on-going and neither PhysX 2 nor PX 3 branch are really tuned or polished at the moment.

Also, physical libraries only do part of what is needed and in no way guarantee that everything is going to react as it should: a lot of work on simulation, tweaking, testing, tweaking, AI routines, tweaking, fixing, testing is required with any type of physical simulation and in case of game this complex it really takes a lot of time and effort.

post is from BIS CEO himself on the official forums

http://tinyurl.com/7zzyrat

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo