Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Linux Steam Client This Year? Jun 6, 2012, 11:26 MajorD

Verno wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 10:45:
Boston wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 10:16:
I agree. Not only that, Microsoft is giving the desktop second-class citizen treatment (no access to the latest Windows APIs, no free dev tools) and putting all its focus on Metro, where the end users can only get new applications through Microsoft's online store.

It goes even further, desktop apps are only allowed on the store in website link form. They are really shafting their established base IMO. I'm not a dev but the ones at our company are really upset with the direction they seem to be going in and the heavy handed way they're doing it. On a personal note I'm pretty open minded and have been running Windows 8 for months now but I can't make myself like Metro. The odd juxtaposition between interfaces is too jarring, sometimes its ok to have two distinct products because a tablet interface is pretty much at odds with a desktop UI in terms of presentation and design goals.

If this is the future of Windows then I'm very interested in alternatives.

I'm not a Windows 8 user, and will hold out as long as possible based on everything I've read/reviewed. With that said, I am only going by what I have read, reviewed, and seen, but it IMO Microsoft is trying to force UI on two different platforms: Tablet and Desktop. They should have two separate front ends for each, and the option to select which one upon a fresh installation of Windows 8, or some type of dual-boot option should you want to tinker with Metro.

Thoughts?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo