Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

88. do you recall.... Mar 20, 2003, 17:18 rajajujuman

Maybe a few of you will remember that Half-Life was originally planned as a full conversion for Quake 2. Somehow, Valve was able to get their shit together in such a way as to attract Sierra for publishing rights. At that point, HL became much more hyped than it already was. And yes, I also feel that most of the hype was just that and did not reference any HUGE breakthroughs in the somewhat young genre of FPS. Okay, so the scripted parts were nice, and the AI wasnt half bad. Other than that, it was still running you down a straight rail the whole time.

Fast forward to now, when FPS games get a new face practically every week. If HL1 was released nowadays, even with enhanced graphics and stuff - it would not fare nearly as well as it did. So, if HL2 is going to be as "revolutionary" as the 1st one supposedly was, they are going to need to put some SERIOUSLY bad ass features in.

For one thing, I am tired of indestructable environments. Im not talking about a bottle or a table, but a whole damn building. If Soldner is able to pull it off well, and they have solid netcode - then they will surely rule the tactical fps scene for a while.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 17:24.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo