Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 4, 2012, 12:36 Cutter

Verno wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 11:25:
If only it was that easy. Kids act out, its what they do. They push boundaries and don't know how to express their emotions. Every kid is different, some are a lot more "spirited" than others. There is a limit to how much you can discipline a three year old child, its one of those things that actually improves the older they get. As I always tell my girlfriend "little brains". Also there is no manual on parenting man, its a learning experience for everyone. Parents love TVs, ipads and shit like that because kids love distractions and its all most parents can do to retain their sanity

Our three year old threw a fit in a restaurant last week. Recognizing that she was doing it for attention (kids love attention, even negative attention), we immediately removed her from the situation. You don't necessarily have that luxury on airplane or a train, etc.

I call bullshit on that. I know plenty of parents who have their kids incredibly well disciplined. I was one of them myself. My parents never let me get away with that shit in public. No, it always comes down to people being afraid that they're being to hard on the kid and that they'll traumatize them or some bullshit.

At least you were responsible enough to remove your kid. Nothing chafes people quite as much when parents don't do a damn thing. Even in this situation he should have just dragged the kid to the back of the plane to discipline him out of the public eye. If he was anything at all of a halfway decent parent he would have the kid under control and back in his seat inside of 2 minutes. One of my best friends has his kids trained as well as dogs. The moment they start getting out of control he just needs to tell them to sit down and be quiet and they do. Sit Ubu sit! Good dog.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo