Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3 Jun 3, 2012, 02:59 Flatline

Sepharo wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 23:37:
Weapons switch in and out of your hand based on the cutscene. Rockstar decided to go with a realistic weapon holding approach so in cutscenes where you need to grab a chain, open a door, hold someones hand you go back to a single handed weapon... same reason you drop your 2 handed if you decide to go akimbo.

I'm perfectly fine dropping the rifle to go akimbo.

However, I don't need to pull a pistol out to open a door, and once I open said door, I don't need to keep my pistol out. I'm perfectly fine in real life with holding a rifle and manipulating something with my other and. I don't need to draw another weapon.

And really, even if that happened, at least switch me up as I slow-motion back in control of Max.

Another minor gripe: I can never tell when the f*cking cut scenes end. They usually dump you, ten feet from cover, in front of half a dozen guys *already* shooting at you, before you gain mouse control. One death actually happened at the end of a cutscene before I had control of the mouse. I mean yeah I was practically dead, but apparently there's a delay between "cutscene" and "you have control over Max".

It's just... little sh*t like that. Enemies don't have nearly the shot spread that I have, so they're surgeons with their guns, they spawn on you in the cheesiest situations, and I think I've had full bullet time maybe twice in the game (aside from when the game auto-fills your bullet time) because it builds so slow.

I'm not done yet, and maybe I'll change my mind before the end, but I'll give it a solid 8/10 as a third person shooter, it's brutal and a *lot* of fun when you're in the groove, but as a max payne sequel, it's like a 4/10. Remedy fixed a lot of the problems with MP in MP2, and Rockstar has reintroduced some of those back into MP3 for reasons I don't get.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo