Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3 Jun 3, 2012, 02:52 Flatline

space captain wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 21:48:
Flatline wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 20:44:
Don't think MP noir, think Man on Fire.

this is about the only thing im not in total agreement with you.. just because ive seen tons of b-grade action movies with emo leads... it still feels like a john woo rip off to me (hong kong era.... mostly)

but all the other points were 100% right on.. the game is solid, above average - but definitely irritating in regards to all the bullshit you mentioned

Eh... there's some John Woo rip off going on for sure, but it's missing the attitude & style that Remedy laid into their treatment of the game. Specifically, Max doesn't sound like Max (I know it's the same voice actor). I know it's a different writer, but it's like he missed out on the "voice" of Max.

But the story is straight up Man on Fire so far.

And I swear to god I just played another hour and I'm SICK of the cutscenes... I'm also sick of the video-tearing effects. Some of it, especially when Max is disconnected from reality, is fine, but it's roughly the equivalent of the lens flares in the Star Trek Reboot. It's gone from kind of cool, to annoying, to silly, to giving me a headache.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2012, 03:01.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo