Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: StarForge Demo Jun 1, 2012, 02:48 Rigs

nin wrote on May 31, 2012, 22:37:
Holy shit, where did this come from? Looks AWESOME.

Took the words right outta my mouth....HOLY SHIT!!! And we're not talking Priest or Cardinal shit here, not ah, no sir! We're full-bore POPE SHIT!!

There is only one other game in the whole 27+ years I've been playing PC/console games that ever left me stunned to silence and mouth agape - that was the tech demo running on an HP Pentium2/233 of a game that was soon to be named, 'X: Beyond The Frontier', in 1997! It was in a Circuit City, a few months before getting a brand new P2/400 (on ASUS's legendary P2B motherboard w/Intels 440BX chipset). I liked to pop in there once in a while to see the newer systems but I wasn't prepared to see what I did. I literally couldn't move! I stood there in shocked silence and watched the tech demo run through. Faint My fiance` at the time tried very hard to get me out of the store but I wasn't budging! I still remember like it was yesterday. It's almost comical to watch now, with it's blurry textures and crooked background starfield. Oh, but I was entranced then! Right there, that day, I promised myself I would find out what that demo was for and get a system that could run it full bore. Two years later, in early 2000, after wearing out the demo, I finally had the full version box in my hands and I was in heaven! PURE BLISS! It wasn't perfect, but it was good enough, and I've been with the series, on it's beta teams and getting every version that comes out...

But now, my god! NOW, there's something that even I dare say X: REBIRTH can't even touch! This game, when playable (almost like it took a page out of the tech demo handbook, it's very difficult to get running correctly at any decent FPS), gives me that same rush I've been without for so many years! This trailer blew me away, it showed everything I ever wanted in a Minecraft/X/HALO/RedFaction type of game! All of those games and then some! Accurate physics! Freedom to go anywhere! Do anything! Seriously, this is what a lot of us have been waiting for, this is the leap the genre needed...and just like before - it came out of NOWHERE! God, I fucking love it when that happens! Woohoo

This thing just oozes potential from every pore! If any dev group deserved a Kickstarter, it's these guys. This thing isn't some re-boot or rehash of the same ground, or a re-do of an earlier game. This thing is unique, a combination of many games and genres and it needs to be supported and the higher-ups out there in publisher land need to be shown what we want to see! More like this please! BLOW MY @#$% MIND! PLEASE!!! Please

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2012, 02:55.

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo