Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2012, 12:41 MajorD

Verno wrote on May 30, 2012, 10:58:
Just getting some shit off my chest. Our little yorkie Lucy passed away yesterday. She had a little doggie version of a stroke and her equilibrium was off as a result. She could barely get around and obviously wasn't happy so we put her down. She had been blind for a few years which was really rough at first but eventually we discovered that her other senses more than made up for it. All the same I had a long 16 years with her and my GF and her daughter have only been around for 3 but seem to be taking it harder than I am.

I don't really know the protocol for these things, this has been my only pet and has been with me since I was 16. Part of me really wants to wait and just mourn for awhile but another part wants another little companion again as soon as possible. My GFs daughter is totally heartbroken and keeps asking when Lucy will come back from heaven, three year olds are adorable.

I'm very sorry to hear that Verno. It is tough when your dog passes, as they become part of the family and you end up missing them much more than you think you will. But, they are such damn good and loyal animals, unconditionally, it makes these cycles all worth it. It is good to mourn a while, and then in 6 months, or more, start looking for another one at the pounds/rescues. The puppy training phase is always a challenge......

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo