Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: Diablo III Patch May 29, 2012, 16:22 Cram

Two more opinions about battle.net and security:

1) an authenticator should be/better be required for accounts using the RMAH. The point made about a potential nightmare for Blizzard when the RMAH is valid, even though that nightmare is 99.999% result of user error (sharing passwords/virus's/trojans/malware/enter 50 other reasons here).

2) I have no seen credible reports or proof of authenticated accounts being hacked. A blue post, if to be believed, recently stated not one "hacked" account was one with an authenticator. Let's forget that point though. If you have been hacked, and have an authenticator, then you have much worse problems on your hand than losing your Diablo 3 items. The "hacker" would have to have real time access to what's happening and being input into your computer. The authenticator code refreshes every 30s or so, that's the absolute maximum (if the code was just refreshed) amount of time they have to see that code and attempt to access your account.

Basically what this means is that this person is watching everything you're doing. Enter a credit card number/expiry and security number, that hacker has it. Banking information? Vulnerable. Email access, he's got it. If you have been hacked and have an authenicator, I recommend an immediate high level format of your hard drive and to contact anyone (banks etc) that may be involved with any information you have given out over the Internet.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo