Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2012, 10:50 Wowbagger_TIP

kanniballl wrote on May 29, 2012, 09:13:
The cop thing kind of surprises me... not that he was speeding, but that he got his job back afterwards.

Getting caught going over 100MpH is a big deal. In most states they impound your car right away and (I think) throw reckless driving charges at you. And if he was drunk while doing it I don't even know what else that would mean (public endagerment, etc).

My understanding is, having felonies under your belt pretty much kill your chances in GETTING a job as a cop. So I'd think getting them would also end your career... especially something like that.

Doing ONE of those, OK fine... maybe keep the job. But both of those at the same time probably warrants enough felonies to mean no police career.
-
Yes, it makes no sense until you factor in something as simple as corruption in the review commission. What sort of mental gymnastics do you have to engage in to decide to give a guy like that his job back, when his job is to protect and serve the public? It's beyond comprehension.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo