Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

42. i create my own reality! May 27, 2012, 12:46 space captain

panbient wrote on May 27, 2012, 11:07:
It's not, but like others mentioned Skyrim had a well recognized reputation. RA Salvatore also has a reputation, he can write really engaging combat within a completely generic fantasy setting that make his stories a lot of fun to read. Unfortunately the ability to write great combat doesn't amount to squat when writing (ultimately generic) lore for a video game.

Now a game based on worlds written by someone like Neal Stephenson or William Gibson... THAT would exciting.

just because you arent a fan of Salvatore doesnt mean he cant write lore.. it means YOU dont like it.. and heres a tip on that - your opinions do not control the physical laws of the universe

the Dark Elf trilogy practically invented the majority of lore for dark elves and the underdark, maybe not the names and basic concepts, but all the meat and bones were well in abundance

also the Crystal Shard was excellent

not sure why you think a psuedo-surrealist like Stephenson would be able to shoehorn his style into a video game, but it does reveal your penchant for name dropping.. but yeh, im not impressed

Go forth, and kill!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo