Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Op Ed May 27, 2012, 00:44 Prez

I saw this complaint a bunch, but I wonder, how is it more generic than Skyrim.

Fair point, but Skyrim is the latest in a crazy popular series (Elder Scrolls is legendary among RPG enthusiasts), so that alone makes it stand out enough to get noticed. Nondescript, derivative games aren't necessarily bad (I like quite a few games that could be considered "Cookie-cutter"), but for a first game in a brand new franchise by a new studio with very high sales requirements to meet, you need something special. From the reviews I read, while everything was pretty solid in Kingdom of Amalur, there was nothing special about it.

With a much lower budget and a lower price tag (say, 30 bucks vice the $60 it was at release), I'm betting it easily could have been a success. The failure here imo was far more on the part of poor business decisions than bad game design.

It's worse than that -- at least Ion Storm wasn't your tax dollars at work...

Correct me if I'm wrong but unless you live in Rhode Island it isn't your tax dollars. This was a state-run RI taxpayer-funded initiative to encourage business creation in RI, wasn't it?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo